The core of Fidap is a golden source of high quality financial data. We gather this data from a variety of sources and clean it, structure it, and link it together. Here are the steps we go through
- Acquire data from a variety of sources, including regulatory institutions (such as the SEC), exchanges (such as Nasdaq and NYSE), and alternative data providers.
- Download the data and standardize the formats.
- Clean the data, including checking for outliers, schema changes, errors, missing values, and standardizing columnar values (eg, dates, currencies, etc).
- Ensure a consistent mapping between different products and data sources, including symbology and timezones.
- Link the data together, enforcing foreign key relationships that make data joining a breeze.
- Upload the data into highly performant and scalable cloud native data stores.
This process ensures that our clients can do complex analysis with ease and confidence.